Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vulnerable and fragile

Our life is so vulnerable and fragile... we would be more likely fall sick or get involved in accidents if we don't take really good care of ourselves.
This afternoon, when I went to school for classes, I was shocked to hear that one of my coursemates, Grace (Yin Mun), fainted during the Academic Writing tutorial. Mr Paul was not around too when I arrived cos he sent the girl to hospital. From what I've heard, Grace was admitted to hosptial due to anemia. Then, Mr Paul returned and carried on with the class. He asked us to do some exercises in our handbooks and, in the process, he also told us some real life stories regarding ailments & accidents. He said, whenever the eyes get itchy, people would tend to rub their eyes and when the itch is gone, the eyes turn red. So scary when I heard, but I've experienced it before. He also mentioned that accidents happen if we are not careful. He cited the example of his cousin sister who involved in an accident due to her carelessness. She fell from her motorcycle and had a knock on her head (she was not wearing any helmets when the accident happened). As a result, she suffered a serious brain damage and she could not speak at all. I felt sorry for Mr Paul's cousin of what happened to her.
Accidents happen... and I've experienced the taste of it last year. That time, I was spending my 3-month sem break in Kampar. I fell from my bike while on the way home one day, returning from devotion with a few friends. I was riding a little too fast and I noticed a car coming out of one of the small lanes btwn rows of houses in Westlake. I tried to brake but couldn't stop in time and subsequently, I fell and suffered some minor injuries, my right leg being the most serious one. Haiz... I had to spend one week in my house until I was fully recovered. Thankfully, the 4 friends I used to hang out with (Eric, Calvin, Guan Heng & Oneway) were helpful enuf. Not only they helped to bandage my wounds, but they also bought me meals during my recovery period. Happy to have their support when I'm in trouble. Hopefully, I'll be able to repay their kindness.
I shud take good care of myself to prevent myself from getting involved in accidents or falling sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment