Wednesday, July 8, 2009

MJ's memorial

When I heard abt the news of the death of King of Pop on June 25th, I felt heartbroken. He was a such talented singer & his dance moves really amazed me. I love his songs... It's kinda sad that he suddenly left the world juz like that.Anyway, a memorial was being held at the Staples Center in L.A. to pay tribute to the late pop king. Many famous celebrities attended the memorial ceremony, such as Mariah Carey, Magic Johnson, Usher, Jennifer Hudson, Queen Latifah, Lionel Richie, Mike Tyson etc.
Among the performances highlighted from the memorial are:
A sharing by Brooke Shields, a very good friend of Jackson's who knew him since Michael was 13, abt memories of her spending time with him
Mariah teamed up with Trey Lorenz for a rousing duet of the Jackson 5 classic I'll Be There.
Queen Latifah recited Maya Angelou's poem We Had Him.
A pregnant Hudson gave an outstanding performance on one of Jackson's hit song Will U Be There.
Britain's Got Talent star, 12-yr-old Shaheen Jafargholi, amazed the crowd with his performance of Who Lovin' U.
Michael's brother, Jermaine, sang Michael's favourite song, Smile.
But none of the performances were able to steal the spotlight from Jackson's daughter, Paris (right), who confessed her love for her late father. This was what she said, "Ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine. And I just wanted to say I love him — so much". She broke down in tears after saying those words.
So touching indeed, I feel like crying when Paris uttered those words.
RIP MJ & May Angels Look After You Always!
U will always on my mind & I will rmb u always!

No comments:

Post a Comment