Friday, July 10, 2009

I've learnt a lesson

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE WASTED MY CHANCE! Now Mr Paul is gonna be mad at me for not being able to show him the 1st draft of the essay for my assignment.

Today, after having lunch, I went to university at around 1.45pm coz members of my P.Moral group assignment wanted to meet me for a short discussion at 2.00pm. After they left for home, I proceeded to Block A to go for the "Festival of the Mind" exhibition. At the same time, my intention of going to the Heritage Building was to show Mr Paul, my lecturer for Academic Writing, the first draft of the compare-contrast essay writing assignment I've prepared. He said I have to show by this week coz next week he will onli entertain the 2nd draft. So, while on the way to his office on the 2nd floor, I bumped into some of my coursemates near the Heritage Hall. Some of them were queuing up to get the tickets of the talks they wanna attend. I stopped for a while to chat with them, and I got carried away from my purpose there. Noticing the time on my watch, it showed 2.10pm. My tutorial was at 2.30pm & it was in Block D. So I rushed to the venue ASAP w/out realising i've totally forgot abt the draft.

Dang! What could I b so forgetful? Winna, a coursemate of mine, told me dat Mr Paul has no classes today & he would leave anytime if there's nothing else he can do there. Hurriedly after the Morphology tutorial class, I quickened my steps to go to Block A again to meet him. But when I got there, I discovered that I was too late. His office door was locked & one of the staff there told me that he has gone back to Ipoh.


Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhh! I've missed the golden opportunity! Now I'm not quite sure what to do next... and i've no idea what's his reaction gonna be. Will Mr Paul accept my draft & apology if I were to show him next week? I can't answer this. Perhaps I have to bear the cosequences of my actions myself. I shouldn't be distracted so easily. Time to reflect on my mistakes. Maybe next time I should do whatever is priority first & seize every opportunity available.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Anthony i guess you could try explaining and apologize to him. If he doesn't accept it then i guess he would still have to guide you right? Cheer up bright birdie, the sun will rise again.

    ReplyDelete