Thursday, July 16, 2009

Campus Overcomer Seminar 2009

This is the brochure of the event


Haiz.. looking at my life in Utar now, I find that I don't really organise my time well enough. Sumtimes, I spent too much time on things which are not important to my studies. Perhaps, I shud have better time management & also I shud set goals that are achieveable.
On Tuesday, a CF member by the name of Ray distributed some brochures on a seminar organised by CZONE, Praise Community Centre (PCC) & KTAR CF. It's the Campus Overcomer Seminar. It's at 8.30pm in TARCollege Kampar on July 16, 2009 (today) & Pastor Nicky Ling is the speaker for this seminar.
Hmm.... I'm wondering whether to attend this seminar at first coz usually I'll be attending church service at Campus Connect every Thursday.. furthermore, I'm on duty this week BUT I'm not in the worship team, neither am I operating the PA system or LCD nor welcoming ppl who come 4 the service.. guess what am I assigned to do this time? Help to clean up after the tea fellowship
Anyway, I've made up my mind to go for the seminar to take down sum useful tips on time management skills and methods to destress. I called PC to let her know that I might not be coming for service. I told her abt the seminar & wud cum over to help out if the seminar finished earlier.
After dinner, I headed to KTAR to attend this seminar... but the security guard didn't even know abt the seminar...nvr mind, i asked sum students who happened to be nearby (perhaps they juz finished class)... sum of them knew abt the seminar while sum are like blur blur when I asked them... anyway, they're helpful enough to tell me the venue for the seminar... headed to Block B thru a long corridor & managed to find the place.. registered myself... got a booklet on the seminar... went in n waited for the seminar to begin...
The event began with a presentation of a funny video clip that evolved around campus life & peer pressure... then, Pastor Nicky took over and share abt eustress dan distress, reasons why students feel stress & ways to overcome.. In btwn his sharing, Pastor Nicky called upon Bro Steven Lew to share his testimony. He also taught us that we shud manage our time well & set SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic & Time-oriented) goals... After setting goals, we shud take action, then inspect and observe the situation and finally, elavuation (we celebrate if succeed, improve if fail or dissatsifactory).
At the end, there is a song presentation by the crew members, 3 of them are Nigerians who are currently pursiuing theie studies at University of Nottingham M'sia Campus. After that, Pastor Nicky ended the seminar with a prayer. All the participants gathered together for a brief photo-taking session. Then, refreshment time.
Yes, we can overcome our campus life!

I've learnt a lot from the seminar, and hopefully it wud help me to improve. Time for reflection.
n.b. I've taken the event as news for my mock newspaper project.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Anthony, nice blog you have here! Yea man tiem to better manage life,all the best! Toast! :) Eric Ong.

    oh btw can u change the setting?i can't post as anonymous. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Anthony, really glad to see that you are very busy and finding time to update your blog. Seems like you are using the new phone's features well. Want me to keep you in prayer? Oh sorry for the other comment. I made a very irritating grammar error. Had to change it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. eric: thanks, same to u.
    i think i've changed the setting. thanks for informing.

    shuyi: ok thanks.
    nvr mind, it's ok.

    ReplyDelete