Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What a day!!

Today at first it turned out a bad day for me, but then I enjoyed the rest of the day.
Haiz... missed my very first class right on the 2nd day the new trimester.. reason: overslept again!! I went to bed around 1.30am this morning, but I couldn't sleep until 3am. Somehow, I managed to get some sleep la.. set my alarm at 7am cos MLE lecture at 8am. And I switched it off when it rang but instead of getting up, I rest for a little while more. Mana tau, I tertidur lebih pulak.. the time around 10am when I woke up again.
Gah! Myself to blame. Nvm, went to varsity to consult Mr Lim (my MLE lecturer) for what he taught in the morning class. Then, the day went on. At the end of 2nd lecture, he asked both Y2S2 and Y2S3 students to fill up the schedule of presentation. Each student has to work with a partner and choose one or two topics to present. Somehow, I hesitated cos couldn't find a partner (the rest are paired up dy). As a result, the topic I want to do, Victor's Last Wish, is being chosen by my other classmates. Sigh!!
Decided to do the presentation with Monica again, but she was absent and cannot be reached thru phone. A little frustrated... nvm just get on it, I told myself. So I chose 2 topics to present first - 1 on Lee Kok Liang's novel Flowers in the Sky & the other Shirley Lim's poem What the Fortune Teller Didn't Tell. Managed to reach her in the end but haven told her the topics I chose yet.
Anyway, there's presentations during tutorials.. Betty presented on K S Maniam's Haunting the Tiger while Steffy & Bee Ling explained abt Journey by Shirley Lim. By the way, the presentation doesn't carry any marks. The real coursework marks come from the 2 asgnmt we gonna complete within 7 weeks. First one on fiction, another on poetry. We're to work in grps of 4 or 5. I've decided to work with those girls in T1 as I seldom have the chance to do so. Hee.. so I joined Ivy, Joey, Pamela (Mei Yun) & Grace (Yin Mun) for 1st term paper. As for the 2nd, I requested to do the asgnmt tgt with the Smart Quartet - Ann, Jan, Manmeet & Renjie, but they haven't agree yet whether to allow me to join them.
Then went home, getting ready to go CF meeting. Hee.. reached there 'round 8.15pm, had some time chit-chatting with other members cos long time din c each other dy ma. Shu Ern led the worship with few songs mostly in Malay. Then Eric Ong took over and welcomed everyone back to CF. Yay!
A slideshow on the last meeting of the previous trimester plus CF combined camp shown. Glad those 38 ppl went had a gr8 time there. Eric then explained what's in store for CF members in this short trimester ( most of the ppl there having short trimester there, except a few). Then all members were being requested to take some time to fill in the CF feedback form. Later more photos and videos on CF camp were shown. One video on the sharing by those campers abt the camp. Half way, Shirley's laptop jammed a few times. PHAIL!!
Had a gr8 fellowship with friends during refreshment time. Then balik rumah... preparing for the next day.
Lesson learnt
Grab hold of every opportunity available before it slips away.
Things to ponder and reflect
Sleep & wake up early.
Have proper time management.

No comments:

Post a Comment