Thursday, October 8, 2009

A privileged visit to Perak MB's official residence

Hee... looking at the title, u should be wondering what I'm doing there? Cos normal citizens seldom have the chance to step into such a place. Without hesitation, I'll reveal the reason why I was there yesterday night.

Actually, I was there with my parents to attend a function held there. It's Majlis Jamuan Hari Raya. And all the government servants in the state and their families were invited by Perak MB Datuk Seri Dr Zambry Abdul Kadir for a Raya celebration. My mum is working in Lembaga Air Perak, therefore she was invited as well.

Around 7.40pm, we reached there and my dad parked the car at the carpark beside my alma mater, SMJK Sam Tet Ipoh. Wow, this is the 1st time for my dad and I going into the residence located opposite my secondary school.

As we walked into the MB's residence, I was amazed by the surroundings of the residence. Indeed an eye-opener for me. After getting our numbers for a lucky draw, we went to settle ourselves down at one of the tables there. While waiting for the VIPs to arrive, I glanced around. 90% of ppl there were Malays, this ain't an surprise cos most of the gov servants were Malays.

Around 8.15pm, Dr Zambry arrived tgt with his wife Datin Seri Saripah Zulkifli. After opening speech by the Perak MB, the function continued with presentation of scrolls to Dr Zambry by rep of government bodies. Several artistes belted out few songs to keep the crowd entertained. Then, the race for food began!! All the ppl started to rush to different stalls around the place where the event was held to get different delicacies available there. Nasi briyani, lemang, cendol just to name a few. A local comedian entertained the audience with his jokes.

After everyone had finished eating, time for lucky draw. Only 100 ppl who have lucky numbers picked by MB were rewarded with a hamper. But in the middle of the draw, some ppl started leaving. We left as well around 10.30pm.

What a great experience I had there. Will keep this visit as a memory for a lifetime that I have been there, even though I didn't snapped any photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment