Saturday, October 24, 2009

End of Week 1

Wow... new trimester has started, and the 1st week just wheezed past. This is a short one, so it's equivalent to 2 weeks in the long trimester.

Except for Thurs, I had to go to Utar every day... this trimester I'm taking 2 subjects only i.e MLE & Intro to Japanese. Went for 1st BM lecture but left the lecture hall within 15 minutes.. cos the lecturer kindly asked those got credit (6C and above) in BM to kindly leave.

And I missed my 1st class within this week, right on the 2nd day. I've set my alarm but switched it off and continued to sleep. Another thing is that I paid the price for not seizing golden opportunities that appear in front of me. As a result, I didn't get to do presentation on Victor's Last Wish by Kris Jitab, the short story which the theme is discrimination of the skin colour.

CBGC services and CG are on again, yay! This time, we're doing discipleship training for Monday's cell. And on Thurs, I met a few frens whom I have not seen them 4 quite sumtimes. Among them were Melissa Jane and Jaclyn who has returned to Kampar after completing their internship trainings. There were sum newcomers as well, and I was surprised & shocked when I heard Vivien Chang's name.

As for today, I spent whole day in the varsity cos have to attend Intro to Japanese lectures. But it was a bad day and almost spoilt my learning mood. Not anything bad happens to myself but it was Utar's fault of arranging our timetable. Intro to Japanese is a 3-credit hour subject, but according to the timetable we EL students received, we have to attend 3 lectures of 2 hrs each, while other students (PR & some JR) only have two classes on their timetable. It's unfair!! Because of this matter, HOD of Language & Linguistics Mr Krishnan had to step in to help solve the problem together with Mr Rajan, our lecturer.

Anyway, I managed to relax & cool myself down. Went shopping in Tesco with few coursemates after brunch. Then just now I attends Utar Taekowndo Club's annual dinner in one of the Harvard houses. (FYI I signed up for this club last yr, thought of learning sum martial arts but only attended the meetings and not the training sessions). Met a few new frens there... including Konnee, the girl who SMSes me abt the event y'day.. she's the secretary of the club and to my surprise, she's Shirley Kwong's senior.

Confession time: Ever since I come back to Kampar on 15 Oct, I spent most of my time here onlining... sumtimes even online for long hours... only get to sleep around 2.30am.. apart from checking mails and Facebooking, recently I spent my time on the Warriors forums, interacting with other Warriors fans around the world. Haiz... I should've spend more time reading my MLE books n practise writing n memorising Hiragana n Katakana characters. There's asgnmts n presentations as well.. so busy.. guess I've to spend more time doing the right thing at the right time and lesser time on unnecessary things like the Warriors forums.

No comments:

Post a Comment