Friday, November 6, 2009

Thankful & grateful

I'm thankful for what the Lord has done in my life!! Sumtimes, I don't really know what I'm doin', esp during this trimester. But, I'm grateful to Him as I'm currently doing the discipleship training.

Speaking abt what happened recently, I didn't do well in the Japanese quiz, almost lost 20 marks cos haven't found a grp 4 Japanese assignment & didn't get to do presentation few days ago (though the presentation doesn't carry any marks la).

Frankly, my sleeping hours vary from day to day. Sumtimes, I slept too little and sumtimes I slept too much until the point that I only wake up in the afternoon (for those days I don't have classes). The main cause to this problem is that I spent too much time on the Internet. Not doing research, just doing online stuff like Facebooking and visiting Warriors forums. I dunno why I'm little too active on the forums these days. I tend to have this problem: whenever I'm onlining, I spend hours on it. SELF CONTROL!! I need SELF CONTROL!!

I feel guilty abt the way I act recently, though I've been doing the Disciple's Cross book regularly. I did badly in the J-quiz b'cos I cannot rmb all the Hiragana & Katakana characters well. On Tues, I was supposed to do presentation on pgs 135-57 of Lee Kok Liang's Flowers in the Sky alone as my partner Monica was down with high fever. But in the end, I surrendered the chance even though I was prepared. I was not feeling well too, probably due to lack of sleep the previous nite. Haiz, blame myself for what I've done.

Another thing I wanna talk abt is the J-assignment. We're supposed to form grps of 4 or 5 and make a learning materials for basic learners. At first, I thought of joining the seniors for the project, but they decide to work within themselves. I've waited for reply from Shu Ern's grp previously as I see this is the only chance of working with them as we will not be studying together anymore after this. After they rejected me, I tried to find other grps to join as I dun wanna lose 20 marks for not involving in the assignment. But all the grps were full & had started doing the project. There are 3 grps of 5s & 2 grps of 4s. I tried asking both the grps of 4 but they say they've started work & it's hard for them to take in members. I understand that.. so I ask the grp which I am originally assigned to, whether I can join them. And they agreed. Thank God for giving me a lifeline.

As I'm doing the discipleship training today, today's topic's is on Enter His Gates with Thanksgiving (Week 3, Day 2). I really wanna thank the Lord for all He has done in my life. Though sumtimes I may act the way I shouldn't be, I appreciate God for His forgiveness. Therefore, I should learn to love and get to know Him more. So I would like to dedicate this song I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart unto the Lord, for He has made me glad. As the topic after this is Enter His Courts with Praise (Week 3, Day 3), I will give thanks and praises unto Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment