Saturday, November 7, 2009

Blessing in disguise (End of Week 3)

A blessing in disguise indeed for me this week!!! Hee... just 4 more week to go... time flies!!

Woah... lots of things happened this week.. On Tues night during CF, there's this Leadership Workshop run by Bro Michael Williams from FES. It was a great nite throughout the nite. Steven's van hit the drain b4 meeting start, then Fiona's birthday celebration after the meeting. Then we CF members ramai-ramai go Ghany yum cha.

Beside CF, I didn't do my presentation on Tues cos not feeling well... fared badly in Wed's Japanese quiz... I didn't memorise and familiarise with the Hiragana & Katakana characters, now as I learn, I can rmb much better.

Another thing is that I almost cannot find a group for the Japanese assignment. Haiz.. if I can't find one, I'll be losing 20 marks just like that. Y'day managed to persuade to join Chia Huey's grp after being rejected by few other grps.

As for today, Ms Chong mentions abt the assignment b4 she begin teaching. She highlights the things to be included in d assignment. She also says 8 ppl in a grp for d assignment, so I feel relieved. Fuh.... but there's midterm test next Sat. Oh my... 1 week to prepare for the exam. Ms Chong explains abt the types of Qs in the exam. Wow... midterm next week, assignment due the week after.

Ms Chong needs the students to write down the grp members for d assignment. Number of members in a grp: either 7, 8 or 9. Originally I am with Chia Huey's but the grp has combined with Samantha's, so I have to join another one which is Yin Mun's grp (I am with Ivy, Joey, Mei Yun & Yin Mun for the MLE 1st assignment).

The distribution of EL students for this assignment are as follow:
Y2S3 (our seniors - Arthur, Joyce, Jia Wei, Jolyn, Ponneey, Shu Ern, Beverly & Koon Leng) in one grp
Y2S2 - 3 grps with 7 in one grp, 8 in another grp & remaining 9 in one more grp
Grp 1 (7 ppl) - Betty, Ivy, Joey, Mei Yun, Yin Mun, Eugene & me
Grp 2 (8 ppl) - Hannah, Helena, Shao-Chin, Yi Ling, Seoh Chen, Renjie and twins Ann & Jan
Grp 3 (9 ppl) - Winna, Samantha, JL, Steffy, Pui Chee, Pei Ching, Chia Huey, Kim Yun & Bee Ling

After that, Ms Chong carries on with her lectures. Wow... learn a lot of new vocab today... places, numbers, days in a week, time etc.

Also during the break btwn the 2 lectures, I discuss the MLE assignment with my grp & we distribute work among ourselves. Due date for this assignment on Fri of Week 5.

Lots of work to do... 2 assignments to complete within 2 weeks, midterm test next week... whoa, time to get busy... should start work ASAP & spend lesser time surfing the net... later go jogging around 5pm with few friends, then maybe going for the Super Saturday Concert at night.

Oh ya, next week onwards, I have only 3 days of classes - Tues, Wed & Sat. Both the Japanese tutorials are on Wed morning from 9am-12pm. Now it's all equal now for those who are taking Chinese & Japanese in the number of days of classes. Woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment