Thursday, August 6, 2009

Frustrated

What's going wrong with the computers in Internet Lab 1? Cannot do printing one? Tried more than 10 PCs also failed... Really frustrating
This morning, after Mr Renu's tutorial, I went to cafeteria to have breakfast. Then, I met with my seniors.. Hui Ching, Crystal, Ponneey, Arthur.. they're part of the newly-chosen ELS committee.. it looks like they're setting up a counter in the cafeteria.. curiously, I went to see what's going on.. it turned out that there's goona be a movie review next week (refer to my pervious post, ELS Movie Review)..actually, I wanted to go to Block B at that time to print out my essay (which I was supposed to do when I went out for dinner last night, but I forgot abt it).. nvr mind, juz lend them a helping hand.. it didn't take much time to do the task anyway.. around 11am, I left for Block B to do the printing
When I got to Internet Lab 1, there's a number of computers that were vacant, Great! So I randomly chose one of them.. insert my pendrive.. opened the files.. and tried to print the essay and references. Error! No printer connected.. Damn.. I left the computer and went to another one... same problem happened. Went to another computer.. no printer connected again.. this happened a few times dy.. I was frustrated at that time.. tried more than 10 PCs also cannot get the job done.. not only no printer connected, there is one or two PCs which says unrecognised USB drive when I plugged in my pendrive.. there is even one computer which required the admin staff to log in to install the device.. u can guess how I felt at that moment.. but nvr mind, there are other labs.. so I went to B202, another Internet lab.. again, I chose one of the PCs and did the necessary procedures.AAAHHH! Finally, I was able to print out the essay and the references. Happily, I left and went ot Cafeteria for my lunch.
I wonder why there are problems with the computers in Internet Lab 1.. previously, it was closed temporarily for maintenance.. there shud be no problems after the maintenance.. but what happened today didn't meet my expectation. I hope ICTC Dept will get this fixed ASAP, though I didn't inform the dept abt the printing problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment