Thursday, December 31, 2009

Down memory lane

Wow... time flies. In less than a day's time, 2009 is coming to an end. And another brand new year is about to unfold. I just can't wait for 2010 to begin cos who knows it might be a great year for me.

Reflecting on this whole year itself, there's lots of things to be happy abt & also things that let me down.

Three trimesters breezed past this year. And I really enjoy studying together with my fellow coursemates. Some of them left our batch though during Y2S1 around May. But one came back during the short trimester. Speaking abt my results, my CGPA improved (not sure abt Dec 2009 trimester cos results not out yet). As for the coming trimester, more challenges await me. Just receive the timetable recently thru Intranet, 5 subjects. And one of them is Language Teaching. This should be the toughest challenge for me but I can overcome my stage fright and nervousness and excel in everything I do.

As for the whole year, I've been attending CF meetings without fail. It is really fun having fellowship with other members. Lots of interesting & exciting events took place. Pot luck, leadership workshop, members' night blah blah... there's even early Christmas celebration both in CF & Campus Connect as most of the students won't be around during Christmas. Majority were having short trimesters while some is enduring long ones. I was involved in 2 plays throughout the year, both at CC. One during Easter while the other being The Greatest Gift Christmas play. Simple but meaningful.

Well there's lots of things I need to make changes though. Made a lot of mistakes & errors in life that I didn't want to. Some mistakes that I've made might be small but I need to improve my character. There's also bad habits that I need to discard off. My parents esp my dad always pinpoint what I've done wrong so that I won't repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

Today there's countdown cum watch night service at Emmanuel AOG Ipoh (my home church). I'm excited to attend the service and having fellowship with those who will be attending, welcoming the blissful new year. Also there's F3 Gathering @ Island Red Cafe Ipoh this Sat (2 Jan 2010). I'll be going to have fellowship with my 6th Form friends before they return to their respective universities to resume their studies.

People are celebrating their birthdays every day around the world. As for today, I'd like to wish Ms Joethi (one of my lecturers who taught me Journalism 1 during Jan 2009 trimester) a blessed birthday and a blissful 2010. Thanks for teaching me, Ms Joethi, in the area of your expertise. I am able to understand the world of journalism thru your lectures as well as Ms Tan JJ's. Have a great day Ms Joethi!

No comments:

Post a Comment