Sunday, December 27, 2009

I Don't Know About Tomorrow

I don't know about tomorrow
I just live from day to day
I don't borrow from its sunshine
For its skies may turn to gray
I don't worry o'er the future
For I know what Jesus said
And today I'll walk beside Him
For He knows what is ahead

Chorus
Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand

Every step is getting brighter
As the golden stairs I climb
Every burden's getting lighter
Every cloud is silver lined
There the sun is always shining
There no tear will dim the eye
At the ending of the rainbow
Where the mountains touch the sky

I don't know about tomorrow
It may bring me poverty
But the one who feeds the sparrow
Is the one who stands by me
And the path that is my portion
May be through the flame or flood
But His presence goes before me
And I'm covered in His blood

The lyrics of this song is very meaningful indeed as we ourselves do not know what's gonna happen in the future. Only God knows cos He has well-crafted plans for each and every one of us. Not to say abt what will be happening tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, a fatal express bus crash on the North-South Expressway just happened at dawn of Boxing Day. The accident involved a double-decker bus which was heading from Klang to Kangar and 10 lives were claimed in the accident caused by the dozing driver. Nobody would expect such a tragic accident could take place. I feel saddened by the accident as I realise that there are several families around the country have just lost their loved ones due to human mistake.

Yesterday also marked the 5th anniversary of tsunami which happened in 2004. Millions of lives were washed away by this unpredicted natural disaster that struck several countries around the Indian Ocean. And many who have survived lost their homes and belongings. But what amazed me was that a baby girl miraculously survived. Tsunami girl S Thulaasi were swept away on a mattress 5 years ago but managed to return to the arms of her parents. Thank God that she is able to enjoy her life now.

As the year is going to end in a few days time, it's time for me to reflect on what has happened throughout the whole year. Then I should change myself to become a better person. As the road ahead is tough and unknown, I should brace myself up to face challenges and obstacles I encounter. And I believe I can do it cos God is always there as my strong pillar to support me in everything I do. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment