Monday, March 22, 2010

Postponed.... AGAIN

Another presentation postponed.... again! This is the 4th time that I have my presentation delayed from the actual date.

Today, we're supposed to have our presentation on Sociolinguistics group assignment. 7 groups in total and only 5 managed to present in both lectures. And my group, unfortunately, is the 6th. So no choice but to have our presentation the next day (tomorrow).

My 3 previous presentations were also rescheduled to another day or week due to unforeseen circumstances. 1st one is the HoEL chapter review presentation. My group was actually scheduled to present in the 4th week but we couldn't get the materials in time. So we had our presentation on week 7 instead. But I was totally unprepared for the presentation.

The second presentation is my Mass Media individual presentation. After drawing lots during the second week, I'm supposed to do my presentation on week 5. But CNY falls in that week as well and all classes throughout the week were cancelled and replaced in later weeks. Our lecturer Ms Mok decided to postpone the presentation to the 7th week. Then during week 6, she told us that she won't be around on Mon the following week and the tutorial was replaced in week 8 instead. So Steffy, Nisha, Hannah and me had another week to prepare. In the end, on that day itself, only 3 presented and Hannah had hers the next day.

As for the 3rd one, HoEL assignment presentation last week, I prepared the slides for the whole assignment the day before our presentation. I was prepared but not the girls. They thought that they're presenting during tutorial but it was supposed to be during lecture according to the order decided earlier. Anyway, we had our presentation the next day. And I seriously need to polish up my presentation skills as my speech is not fluent and sometimes I'm lost of words.

With this Socio presentation included, so far I have all my presentation delayed. There's 2 more in the following weeks for Mass Media and Language Learning group assignments. I hope that I get to do my presentation on the actual date and not to be delayed or postponed.

No comments:

Post a Comment