Sunday, May 30, 2010

Penang One Day Trip (May 29)

My parents and I went to Penang to visit my brother who has just finished his final exams. Apart from that, the trip was to give all 3 of us a break from our busy life.

We began our journey at 7 in the morning and took 2 hours to reach there. We waited for my brother David at a petrol station that he asked us to wait and he appeared about 15 minutes later. Then, he brought us to eat dim sum. The place was opposite KDU College where my brother was pursuing his degree in Electronic Engineering.
Later, my brother drove us to visit the Toy Museum for a visit. After paying entrance fees of RM10 per person, we went in and checked the museum. My brother told us that foreigners have to pay double as the museum is the world's largest toy museum. Cool eh? It was indeed an eye-opener for me as there were all sorts of toys inside the museum. Took lots of photos during the visit.
Spiderman
Lilo & Stitch
Iron Man
Pokemon
Silver Surfer

After that, my brother brought us to the apartment he stays. It was quite a long distance and my father had to follow my brother all the way as he won't get lost. Soon, we arrived at the place and realised why my brother took some time to meet with us. The place he stays is quite far from our meeting place.

We had some fellowship time together as one family. Then, I accessed the Intranet and showed my results to my brother. He said it was not surprising as he himself has failed and retook few subjects during his certificate and diploma. But he persisted on and managed to complete his studies. He then gave me some motivation so I'm able to move ahead and not to worry about the results I got. That's another reason why we're there in Penang.
Later, we went for dinner and two of his housemates joined us. After that, we went our separate ways. My brother followed his housemates back while we headed southward to return to our hometown. We took a longer time to reach home as it was raining while on the way. We were tired from the journey, but it was a nice trip indeed. Hopefully I can take it easy about my exam resuls and continue on with my 3rd year.

No comments:

Post a Comment