Sunday, October 17, 2010

CF Spiritual Compass camp 2010 - Pre-Preparation Day


11 Oct 2010

Early in the morning, my father drove me down from Ipoh to Kampar as I was going to join the UtarCF camp. I have packed the things rquired for the camp a few days earlier and loaded my luggage into the car boot before we departed.

Actually, I had an appointment with Mr Angus Ng (Utar counsellor) in the morning. So I chatted with him for about an hour. Later, I met up with my father after the counselling session. It was nearly noon and my dad said he has contacted Jensen and invited him to join us for lunch. Jensen was the camp commander whom I've been keeping in touch with, mainly asking for any updates for the CF camp.

We met Jensen at Tesco Kampar and had a wonderful meal at KFC. Later, my father dropped me at Jensen's house and left for home, leaving me together with Jensen. Well, I'm staying overnight at his place before participating in the camp the next day. Jensen told me that there were some unfinished tasks of the combined camp. So we went to fulfill the tasks together.

First we picked up Melody Hor (a.k.a. Chipmunk) in Westlake, accompanied her for lunch and later made a return to Westlake again, this time Renjie, my coursemate, joined us. Then, off we go to settle the things which were not yet done. Jensen dropped Melody and I at Cherry House to laminate the name tags of the participants of the camp, while he and Renjie adjourned to do other things and will be picking both Chipmunk and myself later.

Melody and I spent about an hour at the printing shop. While we're there, both she and yours truly helped each other in completing the task assigned to us. Then, Jensen fetched both of us back to his house at Eastlake. I went to have my shower in Jensen's room (with his permission of course) and later took a short nap before moving on with the rest of the day. Jensen took his nap as well after sending Chipmunk home.

Around 5.30pm, we made our move again. Jensen and I went to pick up Goldfish and Chipmunk again and we adjourned for dinner. Weng Kin joined us as well and we had a wonderful time together. Actually Weng Kin was supposed to do some shopping for items needed during the camp. So at around 10.30pm, we went into Tesco to look for the things on his shopping list. It was very last minute when we did our shopping. But we managed to get the shopping done though we didn't manage to get some of the required items.

Then we proceeded to Mr K's house. Mr K welcomed us and summoned us to help do some final preparation works. We helped out to sort out the camp T-shirts according to the sizes ordered by the group members. Then later we helped to fold the camp booklets while Mr K was getting them printed. And when we're done with everything, it was already 1am the next morning. We then said goodbye to Mr K before heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment