Monday, April 11, 2011

Not A Good Day

Sigh... things don't really go smoothly for me today.

First, I couldn't sleep the whole night yesterday cos the slides for one of the two presentations are not done yet. I have been worrying about how my group is going to present if the slides are not ready. But then, in the end, my group didn't present as one of my group members didn't turn up.

When I go to school, I park my scooter at the compound in front of Block B and am going to go for class. But then, the venue for PW class is still being used as exam halls for MUET. Eugene ask me to go check for the new venue. I find it out from FAS FGO in Block A and tell him the class is in Block H. Then, I travel there by my scooter.

When I arrive there, I receive message from him, telling me that the venue has changed to DDk3. I was like huh? But without asking further, I proceed to Block D for PW lecture. Oh, we're supposed to do our presentation on the proposal assignment. And lots have been drawn: my group is the first. But, my group has to give way to other groups first cos Monica is not there yet. Only 2 groups manage to present their proposal during the lecture.

Later, my classmates and I have to take the trouble to go back to Block H again for OJ tutorial. As I mention earlier, I'm supposed to present twice today, one for OJ and another for PW. But Eugene informs me that Careena could not make it. So we have no choice but to postpone our presentation to Wednesday. And Ann's group presents its news website The Buzz. Although we didn't get to present, it is a blessing in disguise that we have more time to prepare for our presentation.

Alright, right after Mr Teh's tutorial, all of us have to go back to Block B for Ms Joginder's tutorial. And my group is the first to present while the last presentation is from Ann's group again (they presented twice in a day). Then, after the class, Tan Renjie summons all of us to stay back for a while to practise singing Spice Girls' Goodbye (the song we're going to sing in the graduation dinner in Pakeeza Restaurant Ipoh this Friday). We have a few rounds of rehearsals, singing the song over and over again until Renjie is satisfied with it. She asks if we need a final rehearsal before the dinner and we all agree. So she arranges for the final song practice to be held right after the OJ lecture and dismisses everyone.

And before we enter into the classroom, something bad happens. It's my shoe! The sole to one of my leather shoes worn out (above). Actually, I've been sensing something's wrong with my shoes today. And when I check, I had a shock to find that the shoe is not in good condition. I am like daunted cos I wore the same pair of shoes for my previous presentation and they are still in good condition. What really struck me is how the base of the left shoe (the top one) can become koyak within a few weeks. Seriously, I need a brand new pair of leather shoes.

1 comment: