Friday, February 4, 2011

The Rabbit HOPS In!!


Yup!! That's right!! The Year of the Rabbit is finally here!! Yay!!

I'm really excited about the Rabbit Year as I was born in 1987, which is the Year of the Fire Rabbit. And this year is the Year of the Golden Rabbit. I do hope that this year would be an awesome year for myself and everything's going well for me. I had reunion lunch with my relatives two days ago and it's good for my relatives to gather and have fellowship with one another.

As usual, ang pows (red packets of money) will be distributed esp to children where this is the moment they're excited about. Not only to children, ang pows can be given to senior citizens as well, as a blessing. During this festive season, visitation is a tradition for the Chinese community and usually families would visit their relatives and friends. During CNY, the most common types of food are mandarin oranges and variety kinds of cookies. Of course, these can be used as gifts to other families and friends. Speaking about traditions, one practice is that NO floor-sweeping is allowed during the 1st day of the Lunar New Year as the Chinese believe that it will sweep away the prosperity.

Alright, back to my side of the story. This Saturday (tomorrow), my Kampar friends is having a CNY crash-of-the-Ipoh-houses. And my house will be one of 7 "lucky" ones to be visited. This event was planned by some of my fellow CF members. I'm extremely excited about tomorrow and hopefully this event will be an enjoyable one. On the same day, my former 6th Form classmates are having a Gathering as well but unfortunately I won't be joining them this time. Have fun, my fellow F3 members!

Last but not least, I sincerely wish all my readers a Chinese New Year! May the Year of the Rabbit brings joy, cheer and happiness to each and everyone of you! Gong Xi Fa Cai!

No comments:

Post a Comment